(To email a link to this blog to someone, click here.)

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Greetings From Taiwan!

Yesterday was our 18th wedding anniversary, and Carla celebrated with Hannah, Mom, Jon, and Cat while I hung out here at the Taipei Sheraton. It's a very nice hotel, but it doesn't have a Hannah, so I'd rather be home. That said, I really do enjoy travelling and visiting my overseas colleagues, so in the moments between missing Hannah and Carla, I'm having a good time. I could have done without the bones in my $27 pizza tonight, but when there are people starving around the world, I can't muster much indignation.

The Hannah deficit is made more bearable by the flow of snapshots from Mom and Carla . . . so many adorable photos of Hannah that I have a hard time deciding which ones to post. She's taken to sticking her bottom lip out a lot, which unfortunately reminds me of my old friend Neal when he's contemplating a challenging billiards shot. I think he drooled a little less, though.





On an unrelated note . . . in case you've ever wondered what you get when you pay $150 for a single load of laundry:


They actually packaged up all my shirts so I could sell them as new on the street corner if I wanted to, with little cardboard collars and cellophane wrappers. This was not an option, by the way; this was the cheapest laundry service they offer. I would guess the next level of service includes delivery of the finished garments to your room on mannequins.

One final note: today is my father's birthday. He would have been 80. We miss you, Dad.

1 comment:

  1. Karl -- I think you are on to something. Let's get her a stick and see what Hannah can do on a billards table. Think of the cash you can make with her as your partner! You are going to need another source of income the way you are living it up with the high end laundry services.

    Neal

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be added to the blog as soon as we see them. This delay is needed to keep spammers from using Hannah's blog to advertise junk and spread viruses. -- Karl