(To email a link to this blog to someone, click here.)

Friday, May 16, 2008

Carrots!

I'm here in Baguio, Philippines, wondering what the hell I was thinking when I agreed to 2 and 1/2 weeks away from Hannah. Every little girl I see is Hannah at some point in the future (though with slightly darker hair, on average) , and it's fun to look forward to.

It's a world of difference from the last time I was here, four years ago, right after we had noticed Carla's MMD symptoms but months before we got the diagnosis. My Googling of symptoms led me to believe that ALS was one of the likely causes, so I was a nervous wreck the whole time I was here.


I've been getting a steady stream of reports and photos from Carla and Mom, and it seems that Hannah is going to town on veggies and rice cereal, but is not too keen on fruits yet. And I talked to Hannah on the phone a couple times . . . thank goodness for the 9-cents-a-minute international calling card.


Hannah's also putting in a lot of the time at the office . . . her activity center equipped with a toy laptop from Uncle Neal.


Carla's parents sent the pictures above of the new memorial garden at their church (Noel United Methodist in Shreveport). Steven has a plaque there, and it looks like a beautiful place to keep his memory.

One more note . . . please pray for Hannah's NICU friend Carter. He's recently been placed on the liver transplant list. Hopefully, he'll bounce back enough to be taken off the list, but until then, it's the best route to bringing him back to health.

1 comment:

  1. We still read about Hannah and keep up regularly. Please know that we feel blessed to be able to watch her grow, even if only electronically. ;-)

    Love from Chris, Amy and the boys

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be added to the blog as soon as we see them. This delay is needed to keep spammers from using Hannah's blog to advertise junk and spread viruses. -- Karl