(To email a link to this blog to someone, click here.)

Saturday, May 10, 2008

First Tooth!

Well, I'm off to the far east tomorrow, and Hannah decided to mark the occasion by cutting her first tooth. I did a routine weekly tooth check, where I stick a finger in her mouth and she tries to bite it off, unaware that she isn't yet equipped with the dentrificial apparatus to do so, while I feel around for something other than gums. To my surprise, she's got a lower right tooth breaking through. Which explains why she's been chewing a lot on one of her activity center toys that's shaped like a cookie on a stick. So we gave her one of her chilled teething rings and she went to town on that for a while.


She's doing much better with tummy time these days, holding herself up and reaching for toys. She hasn't found her forward gears yet, though, and can only move slowly in reverse. Which frustrates her a bit, since it inevitably moves that toy she's wriggling for farther away.


Mom's here with Carla while I'm out of town, and from all indications, all three of them are going to have a blast. I've set up the camera and PC to make it easy for them to send me pictures of Hannah, because I'm already going through Hannah withdrawal, and I haven't even left yet. Assuming I have a few minutes free overseas, I'll update the blog remotely.

Uncle Butch came through last weekend and met Hannah. As we expected, she was fascinated by his beard. He left her a new favorite toy, Charlie the monkey, who I'll have to share video of when I get back.


I could go on, but I've been getting ready for departure all day and am too tired to think straight.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are eligible. The day certainly means a lot more to me this year than it ever has before, probably because the most important little person in my life at the moment could never have happened without my three perfect moms; I love you all and will never take you for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be added to the blog as soon as we see them. This delay is needed to keep spammers from using Hannah's blog to advertise junk and spread viruses. -- Karl