(To email a link to this blog to someone, click here.)

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

60's Fashions

This isn't just a hand-me-down, it's a hand-me-way-down. Carla wore this outfit when she was just a few weeks old. Her mom mailed it over so Hannah could dress as stylishly for the holidays. In the interest of maintaining a peaceful household environment for Hannah's sake, I won't divulge exactly how many years ago Carla wore this. But it was sometime between the 1968 Olympics and the 1969 moon landing, if that helps.


Hannah's been transfixed by her play gyms lately (a soft mat with an arched frame over it, from which toys dangle). And I tend to get transfixed by Hannah's transfixation. And my Mom gets transfixed by the transitive transfixation, except when she's snapping pictures that remind me how relieved I am that Hannah doesn't look too much like me.


If you saw some of the goofy faces we make when trying to get Hannah to smile, you'd smile too. And maybe cringe. But Hannah has not yet learned to be judgemental.


I wear Hannah's smiles to work with me these days, and just let people wonder what I've been smoking.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see so much happy news & humor in your blog of late!

    Congrats again, folks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be added to the blog as soon as we see them. This delay is needed to keep spammers from using Hannah's blog to advertise junk and spread viruses. -- Karl