(To email a link to this blog to someone, click here.)

Monday, November 12, 2007

What's Missing Here?


I had to change out Hannah's nasal cannula tonight and I remembered to take a picture of her without that thing on her face. The red spot near her ear is where the adhesive patch was. I move it around slightly each time I change the cannula to give her skin some exposure, although the patch is designed to breathe and not irritate her skin.

You may have noticed that Hannah has red mark down the middle of her forehead and on her left eyelid. They call this a "stork bite" (or "angel's kiss", "salmon patch", or if you want to sound smart but fail completely to communicate, "telangiectatic naevus") and it generally goes away within the first year. I don't remember seeing any storks or salmon in the delivery room, but I'm fairly certain there were a few angels. And given how well they've taken care of Hannah so far, I'll forgive the overzealous osculation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be added to the blog as soon as we see them. This delay is needed to keep spammers from using Hannah's blog to advertise junk and spread viruses. -- Karl