(To email a link to this blog to someone, click here.)

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stagger . . . Stagger . . . Stagger

I'm sure that someday Hannah will be in charge of dressing us funny, so we might as well take advantage of her defenselessness while we can. I thought this was a cow costume when I grabbed it at the store. It was only $8, so I didn't examine it closely or check for an udder. When I got it home I noticed it's a dog outfit. It even has a velcro-attached tail so we can play pin-the-tail-on-the-doggie while Hannah is scooting around trying to get to the next exciting new toy (by "new toy" I mean anything within three feet of the floor that we'd rather she not play with).



Speaking of scooting . . . that will not be her preferred method of mayhem for long. Just a few minutes ago, Hannah took 6 steps toward me, holding a fascinating Supercuts coupon that she had found. Her previous record was 3. She tends to walk (stagger is more accurate) more when she's holding something, probably because it's harder to crawl with something in your hand.




We took out our glass shower doors and put up a shower curtain to make it easier to bathe Hannah in the tub. The shower curtain drew her in like a magnet, then the toilet paper dispenser beckoned. If I hadn't been following her around, I'm sure we would have found a pile of two-ply on the floor with a baby in the middle. I seem to recall that Carla did exactly that when she was in the larval stages.



I've considered packing away the coffee table and just installing a little jungle gym in the living room for Hannah. We can't actually put anything other than toys on or under the coffee table, and it is only used these days as a fort, handrail, or drum anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be added to the blog as soon as we see them. This delay is needed to keep spammers from using Hannah's blog to advertise junk and spread viruses. -- Karl