(To email a link to this blog to someone, click here.)

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Well, Here I Am

I've blogged intermittently since before the word "blog" existed, but never consistently. Mainly because it's just as easy to email Mom instead. We all know that 97% of blogs have an audience of one . . . the blogger's mother. And 80% of statistics are made up.

So why have I started a blog? Certainly not because I have anything interesting to say. Although my mom finds all my pointless ramblings fascinating, that's just because she's my mom. I can step back and be objective enough to realize that there are not thousands (or even dozens) of people around the world waiting eagerly for whatever I might write next. But there are two good reasons for me to start a blog:

  1. It's an effective way to share information with family and friends without spamming them with daily emails or presuming that they are actually interested. If they're interested, they'll check the blog. If not, they won't.
  2. I'd really like to read blogs by my friends and family, and it will much easier to convince them to start blogging if I can point to some first-hand experience with these online blogging tools.
So, here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be added to the blog as soon as we see them. This delay is needed to keep spammers from using Hannah's blog to advertise junk and spread viruses. -- Karl